Drivers ought to have the most responsibility when it comes to safety, following rules, and also avoiding accidents and other unfortunate incidents. It is not only important for the driver to have proper knowledge about roads, and other safety measures, but also have experience enough to drive on roads and in between traffic. Moreover, it also essential to know tire pressure and the make of the tires for a smooth driving experience.
When it comes to safety measures the most important part of your vehicle is your car’s tyres. The breaks in the cars can only stop the tyres of the car, the tyres are the actual stopping of the car. The contact area in your vehicle, as small as of your hand. All the functions related to tyres happen there for ex: breaking, traction, comfort, handling and steering. Any failure in such a compact area can cause serious accidents if the driver is driving at high speed. This information related to tyres and tyre manufacturers gains immense importance.
It is highly recommended by the driver, that they keep the tire’s pressure inflated. Tyre Manufacturers generally at the time of manufacturing a car, and also at the date of selling a car tells about recommended pressure for the vehicle, it is important for the drivers to remember that recommendation, and keep the tire pressure to the same level.
As per the research of tyre manufacturers, it is also to be noted that Low tire pressure can have a grave and dangerous effect on a driver’s and passenger’s safety. Low tyre pressure increases braking distance, and also leads to low responsiveness of steering. This fact is critical when a sudden break is required to be inserted to avoid an unexpected collision. Drivers often notice that the tyres become flattered while in contact with the road, this happens due to the drivers not maintaining the required pressure level of their tyres. The under pressure of tyres also causes over- internal heating of the car, which ultimately leads to pre mature and sudden tyre failures which at any time, and anywhere can result in serious accidents. It is the tyre manufacturer’s responsibility to advise the driver in terms of best pressure for the car and the driver’s responsibility to ensure that pressure is maintained at all times.
Over inflated tyres or over pressure is no issue for the tyres. Unlike in under pressure tyres, modern tyres developed by tyre manufacturers today can quickly go through the pressures that exceed those highly recommended for normal driving conditions. However, it is also not a good option to keep tyres over inflated for a long time. If the tyres consistently remain over inflated then the driver and passengers are likely to suffer from the less comfortable car ride, and also the tyres suffer from wear and tear easily and needed to be replaced every now and then.
Tips for tire pressure
- It is important to follow and know about the tyre manufacturer’s recommended tyre pressure limits, and follow and keep a check on them after every sometime
- It is important to use best quality tyre gauge, Dial and digital gauges are known to be more effective
- Get your tyres professionally checked by your tyre manufacturer at least once a year.
- If you see the tyres being hot, or the tyres are at rest for too much time, it is important to check their pressure immediately and refer to the concerned tyre manufacturer for professional advice.
- Over inflation is reasonable for the tyres , when the cars are driving in hot temperatures, you do not have to worry your tyre manufacturers in that situation.
- You should only look forward to increasing the pressure of the tyres when tyres do heavy tasks such as towing, carrying heavy loadings or are frequently visiting highway. That too after the manufacturer’s
It is important to drive safe and take precautionary measures on roads. Every day, every minute one precious life is lost because the drivers are careless of these safety precautions. Don’t be one of them.